delaware bay

                                 10×14
Another painting I found abandoned half-finished on a block.
I added a few touches– the clouds, the wet sand, the distant greens–and can call it finished, I think.
I toyed with the idea of trying to unify the grass clumps with a wash, but sometimes, imho, “fixes” don’t really help: I might have gained something, but I’d lose whatever freshness the greens there have … and to me that’s not a good trade.
Case in point: also found the painting below, which is pretty high key. Thought I might be able to finish it with some darks, but I couldn’t pull it off. Kept adding not-strong-enough dabs and the washes got tired.
                                  8×10

Original source: http://lauraswatercolors.blogspot.com/2020/03/delaware-bay.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *